miss-chui

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summer is here!

Thinking that since I come from Singapore (a country in summer all year round), I should be glad that summer has finally arrived in Shanghai. A familiar season for Sinagporeans like me.

I was quite wrong there.

Unlike Singapore, air in Shanghai is very dry. My lips and my skin get dry easily. The sun is stronger here. You feel like the sun is burning through your clothes when you walk under the sun. You can't go anywhere without sunglasses and a hat. Oh, and it is not recommended to wear sleeveless shirt here, unless you favor burnt arms hanging from your shoulders.

Last weekend, my rabbit, Dong Dong, and I experienced a dry 34 degree C in Shanghai. The two of us went to my friend's estate and catch little lobsters form a pond. I did not perspire at all even though I was outdoor most of the day. It is an indication how dry it was. I had to drink lots of water to prevent dehydration though.

However, my rabbit Dong Dong suffered from flu due to this outing. I thought he was going to die as he was so lethargic after he got home. Luckily, he is a strong boy. He recovered after a few days. I got so paranoid. Gave him iced water, switched on the air-conditioner, bought him an electric fan, allow him to sleep in my room at night... It was quite an experience...

From this incident, I realise that summer in humid Singapore is not the same as summer in dry cities like Shanghai. I still have a lot to learn about surviving summer in Shanghai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home