miss-chui

Monday, April 6, 2009

My spontaneous trip to Xiamen

Just last week, I had a long weekend due to the Tombsweeping Festival. I wanted to visit Hangzhou and enjoy the serenity of Hangzhou in spring. So, a few of us planned to go for a day trip in Hangzhou. Then the plan became history once we found out that it is going to rain in Hangzhou during that weekend.

So, I thought I will spend the next three days lazing around in Shanghai. Until Friday came, one of my colleagues spontaneously asked if I wanna go to Xiamen. So, we began to research and find out what we can do in Xiamen. Then, we log on to www.ctrip.com to book the air tickets.On friday night (7pm) we went to the travel agency to collect our air tickets for the 0805 flight to Xiamen tne next day. Just like that! :>


Taken from the Sunlight Rock, the highest point on Gulangyu


Shueh-Li and I enjoying the famous Zhang Shan Feng milk tea at Gulangyu

Surprisingly, we managed to cover quite a number of spots in Xiamen within two days. We went to Gulangyu (a beautiful island)and Zhongshan Road on the first day. Then we went to the most beautiful university in China (Xiamen University),South Putuo Temple, a foot spa (totally awesome!)and pop by SM Shopping Centre (which was a disappointment by the way) before we hop on the plane back home.

This is one of the most spontaneous trip in my whole life. But I suspect I will do more of these spontaneous trips from now on, since everything turn out fine (more than fine actually, it turned out great!). The three of us had so much fun throughout the trip!

1 Comments:

  • Yes, spontaneous trip always bring fun and suprise. Enjoy ur stay in China and visit as many places as possible....I will do the same too! Fr Sis

    By Anonymous Lai Yee, At April 7, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home